JSON Response Handling
XML Response Handling
Handling the HTTP Status
Ajax without XHR
Some of the earliest work was done by Brent Ashley. Check his techniques out at: http://www.ashleyit.com/rs/
- Hidden iframes
- CSS remoting
- <img> src technique
- No Refresh Links (NO CONTENT - 202 Trick)
- With ColdFusion?
Bookmarking in Ajax Apps
- When navigating to a new address, you can select the Link to this Page to bookmark the location
- Bookmarking Rico Live Grid - Richard's blog about support for creating bookmarks for state in a scrolled table
- See it in action at http://openrico.org/rico/livegrid.page
- Click on a column header to sort. Scroll down into the table. Then right-click on the link at the top of the table 'Listing movies xxx - yyy of zzz'. Save it as a bookmark. The bookmarks include sort information as well.
Deep Linking for Search Engine Optimization
Some more debugging tools, less known about these...
Security Related Issues
- Referrer Spoofing, etc.
- Single Domain Restriction (Same Origin Policy)
Accessibility & DHTML/Ajax
- Not available... internal Yahoo! link
Internationalization & DHTML/Ajax
- Simple Markup
- Dynamic Markup
OO in JS
Alternates to Ajax
Other Miscellaneous Topics
GET vs. POST, idempotent URLs, Google Accelerator
Flash vs. Ajax
Design & Ajax Examples